There are many cases of bad plumbing causing large fires and disasters at home. In fact, if you look at this news articles from Reporter News, you’d know exactly what I’m talking about.

Today I’d like to share a couple of tips with you on how to prevent these disasters.Spanish-Arms-Fire_1432160879595_18572646_ver1.0_640_480

COMMON PLUMBING PROBLEMS AND HOW TO FIX THEM

There are a lot of plumbing problems that you encounter in the average home. Some of these problems are common and easy to fix than the others. It can save you hundreds of dollars if you know how to do the repairs for these problems yourself.

LOW WATER PRESSURE

Low water pressure at the sink faucet is usually the main source of this complaint. First, when you have this problem, check to see if it is affecting both hot and cold water and If both have low pressure the most likely culprit is the aerator because calcium deposits slowly build up in the faucet aerator and reduce water pressure. To fix a blocked, just carefully remove the aerator, clean out any debris and its build up and put it back on.

SLOW DRAINING SINK

Another common plumbing problem is a sink that drains slow which is usually caused by a collection of hair and other debris over time on the pop ups that is used to stop the sink. To make the drain to flow smoothly again you need to clean out the debris by using a handy plumbing tool called Zip-it. Another option is to remove the pop-up and clean it out. This can be removed by unscrewing or using pliers. Reinstall after it has been cleaned.

SLOW DRAINING TUB

Another common plumbing problem that can be easily fixed is a slow draining tub and is usually caused by tub drains that is full of hair and slows the water down when draining out of the tub. Again the Zip-It tool and a pair of needle-nosed pliers are great tools that can be used to reach out and clear the debris in the drain.   You may have to remove the tub stopper in the drain before getting the hair clog. Clearing out the tub drain regularly is a good idea even if the tub is draining normally as leaving it too long could clog up the drain completely.

RUNNING TOILET

A running toilet is another common plumbing problem that many people are familiar with which is easy to fix. The first step in fixing this is to figure out what is causing this problem and once you have identified the cause, you can have it replaced or repaired to stop the running water.

JAMMED GARBAGE DISPOSAL

One of the common plumbing problems that is high on the list is a jammed garbage disposal because many people lose the neat key that comes with the garbage disposal to help unjam it. Luckily, an Allen wrench can be used to unjam this by using a ¼ inch Allen wrench and simply turning it in both directions to free the motor.

For more information, you could always give our trusted local company a call. Check out their website over at www.geelongplumbingservice.com.au.

A Houston man has been charged with intoxication manslaughter and failure to stop and render aid following a collision on U.S. 59 that killed a Splendora firefighter and his wife as well as injured their two young daughters.

car-accident

Alejandro Guzman-Lopez, 23, a laborer living in Houston, was held without bail Monday on these charges because he’s not a legal resident and could flee, Montgomery County prosecutor Tyler Dunman said.

Baby, toddler hurt
The charges followed the death Sunday night of firefighter Brad Frazier, and his wife, Shea, both 21 of Splendora. The couple’s two daughters, a 2-year-old and 5-week-old infant, were treated for their injuries at a Houston hospital and then released to relatives.

“Their young children are recovering. I’m not sure they fully understand what’s happened to their family yet,” Dunman said. Frazier’s older brother, Brandon, is the former chief of the Splendora fire department, authorities said.

According to investigators, Guzman-Lopez was “swerving all over the road” in a Buick sedan as he traveled north on U.S. 59. before he clipped the back of the Fraziers’ Ford Explorer about 7 p.m. Sunday near where the freeway intersects Ipes Road. The Explorer began to spin and then flipped, killing Shea Frazier instantly at the scene. Her husband, Brad, was pronounced dead upon arrival at a Houston hospital where his children also received medical treatment.

Dunman said the adults were wearing seat belts and the children strapped into car seats when the crash occurred.

Suspect fled on foot
Guzman-Lopez, who received only minor injuries, fled from his wrecked vehicle after it also came to a stop. However, another motorist who had stopped to help ran after him, tackling him about 200 yards from the scene of the wreck.

“This good Samaritan held the suspect until investigators arrived to take him into custody,” Dunman said.

A sample of his blood was taken to be tested but the results are not back yet. The intoxication charge was filed based on an assessment of the suspect’s behavior at the scene, Dunman said.

U.S. 59 was shut down and did not reopen for several hours while the investigation was conducted, he said.

Copyright 2015 Houston Chronicle
All Rights Reserved

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

A high school kid died in focal Pennsylvania in the wake of being submerged for 45 minutes.
person-drowningPolice said Justin Lee, 15, was swimming with four different high schoolers at the segregated Gallitzin Township store close Altoona on Monday when he vanished submerged.

Water protect and volunteer flame organizations were conveyed to the lake and pulled the teenager from the water. He passed on at an Altoona healing center around 10 p.m.

firefighter

We move on a great deal of false cautions. Private flame cautions are quite often the aftereffect of somebody over cooking their supper or a pack of popcorn. Such a large number of false alerts can prompt smugness, much the same as the villagers in the narrative of the kid that told a bold faced lie. We were much the same as those villagers, ill-equipped to act when the time came.

We pulled up to the 3 unit flat perplexing and discovered the yard between that building and the one beside it loaded with individuals, including a great deal of children. It was a weekend, it wasn’t excessively icy, and it wasn’t past the point of no return. Plus, the flame division was advancing. Everybody likes to see a scene.

My chief and I were both “turned out” yet neither of us had our containers on. There was no smoke, This was another false alert.

We went to the condo and somebody drew closer us. They said that they lived over the unit being referred to. They heard the smoke indicator going off beneath them and noticed something like smoldering nourishment. They had thumped on the entryway however nobody replied.

It wouldn’t be the first occasion when that we’ve been to a house where somebody exited a pot on the stove. We thumped on the entryway again just to make certain. We likewise checked the windows. They were all shut and bolted with the window ornaments drawn. The windows and the entryway were cool to the touch so there was little concern.

We established that the tenants and the director had been called yet there was no answer. With the evidences we had that something wasn’t correct, my chief gave me the word. It was persuasive section time.

Give me a chance to simply pause a minute to say the amount I cherish being a firefighter. It’s entertaining. Particularly now and again like this.

I was at that point lined up with the front entryway. I did a forward kick. At the point when the entryway flew back I was welcomed by a mass of smoke that reached out from the roof to the ground.

*CRAP*

My skipper and I kept running back to the apparatus to get our SCBAs. We ought to have had them on as of now. Poop. I despise that inclination.

I got the pack from my seat and tossed it on while I strolled back to the flat. Presently the group had moved back. Nobody needed to get in our direction. When I came to the entryway I was covered up. I ventured up to the entryway then vanished into the smoke.

While the whole place was loaded with smoke is wasn’t thick and dark. There was additionally no going hand in hand with warmth. The flame had snuffed itself out, suffocated….starved for valuable oxygen. I advanced toward the kitchen and found that there was in reality a pot on the stove with the burner going. The family had put a few infant jugs in a pot of bubbling water to sanitize them and overlooked it.

When the water had bubbled off the plastic began to smolder. The handles on the stove were dissolved and the paint on the divider was roasted and rankled.

We opened the windows and entryways and utilized a fan to evacuate the smoke. We moved the copied things out of the house and after that disengaged the stove and moved it to the focal point of the kitchen. With all that done we again checked to verify the flame hadn’t moved into the dividers or the cupboards.

It could have been much more terrible. In any event they had working smoke identifiers.

Furthermore, I took in a significant lesson about complacency.